(Pre-Sales has closed. Please see Updates section below for the latest.)
- 4/14/21 - The fundraiser tees are in production! We are hoping to get a batch of them sometime this week and will start processing from the earliest orders on. We have over 1,100 queued up orders to get to so we appreciate your patience. For pick up orders, we are targeting Saturday, 4/24 as the pick up event day. More info to come on that.
- 4/06/21 - All orders for batch 2 have been submitted to our screenprinter. This includes all remaining orders from #12575 and on, the ones we printed for each of the displaced employees and a large order from the Navy Exchange. Mahalo NEX! Once batch 1 gets completed, batch 2 will get going, hopefully in the next week or two (*fingers crossed*). No need to ping us to inquire about order status. Our system will automatically notify you when your orders are either ready for pick up (if you selected that option) or is being mailed out. Mahalo for your patience and understanding!
- 4/05/21 - Pre-Sales are complete. Mahalo much for your love and support for the beloved Love's Bakery employees. Over 1,100 orders have come in. You guys are amazing! We will notify you once your orders are in and ready for pick up or mail out.
- 4/01/21 - Orders (up until about 10:30am) for a good majority of the Love's fundraiser tees (anything before order #12574 give or take) have been submitted to our screenprinter. Since the quantity is so large, they are awaiting special stock from their resources. Once those come in, our screenprinter can start preparing for print. With the counts, I'm sure they will have their hands full so please be patient as they get through them. We will likely be closing pre-sale orders at the end of this weekend so that we can wrap up the final counts and place a 2nd and final order with our screenprinter, including the tees for each of the 231 employees (pending sizes). If you placed your order before 10:30 today (4/1) with an order #12574 or before, then we will work on your shirts once we get them in and start chipping away at our over 1,000 orders, starting with the oldest orders first. Orders after 10:30 will be part of group 2. Mahalo for your patience and understanding!
The iconic Love's Bakery has shut its doors after 170 years in business, laying off 231 of its employees. This graphic was initially mocked up as our little way of paying homage to the beloved bakery, but it quickly grew into something way more than I ever imagined.
With the encouragement and excitement of all of you wanting to support the 231 displaced Love's employees and the help of a contact at ILWU Local 142, the union that represents the employees, we are bringing this design to life in the form of a Fundraiser Tee Pre-Sale.
Through the coordination of ILWU Local 142, we will take 100% of the proceeds from the sale of this Tee to "buy local" via Foodland and Sack N Save gift cards for each and every one of the displaced employees to help them get back on their feet. The more we sell, the more we can give back! We will also provide each of them this Fundraiser VH07V Tee at no cost.
Growing up in Hawaii, Love's has been a part of my family my entire life. It will be sad to see them go, but I am thankful that through this fundraiser, we will be able to do a little something for them for all that they've done for us and the local community. Please help spread the word! #supportlocal
ALL SALES FINAL.
In the news:
- Local company holding fundraiser for Love's Bakery employees
- Final Farewell: Community sends off Love’s Bakery employees with aloha
It was recently reported that some Love's brand products will continue to be on Hawaii's shelves thanks to a licensing agreement with an Oregon-based company called Franz Family Bakery. The baked goods will be produced there in the mainland though, meaning the Hawaii-based Love's factory will still be closing and the 231 employees will still be losing their jobs. :( Mahalo for your generosity during what I'm sure is a difficult time for all of them. 100% of the proceeds of the sale of this shirt is still going back to those local employees.
Specs: Body Width: S=18", M=20", L=22", XL=24", 2XL=26", 3XL=28".
- Machine wash cold with like colors.
- Only non-chlorine bleach when needed.
- Tumble dry low.
- Do not iron if decorated.